As a non-profit 501(c)(3) group we are unpaid volunteers who work from our homes and are always in need of assistance.
- Socialization work with the dogs (go to a shelter and spend time playing with and or walking some of the long timers being sponsored by Sheltered Paws) *In order to walk shelter dogs, you need to go through the SPCA Cincinnati volunteer orientation program.
- Transport (picking up/dropping off dogs going from the shelter to vet visits, to new foster homes and to grooming appointments, usually a couple of hours during the week or weekend)
- Paperwork (especially helping with our newsletters)
- Computer work (assistance with email correspondence, our social media accounts, and our website)
- Event assistance (put together new events, obtain raffle and door prizes, set up for the event, talk with attendees, distribute literature and help show foster dogs)
- Communication (making and distributing flyers of shelter and foster dogs currently looking for their forever home, spreading the word about Sheltered Paws and our work)
- Collecting donated items (heartworm medicine and flea medicine, especially, as well as crates, toys food, and other medicine)
- Legal (assistance with taxes and legal advice on adhering to state / federal guidelines regarding 501(c)(3) status)
- Grant writing (searching for available grants and assisted funding on the internet and through special interest groups and completing these applications/grants)
- Be an advocate (spread the word about Sheltered Paws and our work, but also for dog adoption and spaying/neutering, too)
If interested in learning more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will go over what’s involved and supply all the details so you can make the right decision for you!